My vision for Galway East
Galway East is a beautiful place to live, and this area has so much untapped potential. But we are going through a time of profound environmental, technological and economic change. We need to adapt in order for our way of life to survive.
I am someone who can lead us through that change.
I want to listen to you and understand how together we can improve our area, protect our environment, provide a healthy atmosphere for our children and create jobs locally.
Please get involved in my campaign, and vote #1 Eoin Madden.
- Climate. The Green Party will take the action needed to secure our future.
- Local economy. I want to look to our lakes, bogs, hills and forests to unlock our tourism potential, and use the latest technology to build a sustainable local economy.
- Footpaths & cycling. I’m passionate about promoting cycling for all, and the Green Party is committed to putting in place proper infrastructure for pedestrians and cyclists.
- Housing. Let’s build affordable housing to tackle the current crisis.
Security. Let’s work together to prevent crime, which causes such anxiety in rural areas.
- Together, we can do more.
I’m from Corofin and live in Kiltullagh with my wife, Michelle, and our three children; aged between 8 and 1 year.
All my life I’ve been involved in Galway politics; I’ve taken an active role during difficult referendum campaigns, and my record shows I will fight for equality.
I’m known in Galway through my voluntary work, in the Irish Kidney Association, promoting organ donation and as a patient advocate. I’m also involved with various other local initiatives such as the Kiltullagh Community Alert and Killimordaly Community Hall.