My vision for Wicklow
Is for a County where people want to live, work and create employment. I want liveable communities for all to enjoy, in towns that provide affordable housing, good public transport, employment opportunities and well managed public open spaces for recreation.
What I stand for
My background in planning, environmental management and transport enables me to create policies that can make that vision a reality. A county that has good transport, a clean environment and affordable well planned housing and employment opportunities will thrive. A thriving economy will provide for all our health, education and social needs.
- To plan our towns in a way that encourages the creation of more jobs closer to where people live and reduce their need for long commutes
- To make more publicly owned lands available for provision of affordable, good quality, well designed, energy efficient housing by local authority, housing agencies and private builders
- To reduce traffic congestion on the N11 by investing more in public transport, park and ride, linking our towns and providing better safer walking and cycle ways within our towns
- To invest more in our public open spaces, our parks, playgrounds and natural environment, not just for tourism but for those that live in Wicklow
- To ensure that Wicklow’s growth is sustainable for our economic, environmental and societal needs now and for the next generation
I am a Wicklow County Councillor representing the Bray District area of North Wicklow. I am a BSc graduate of DIT Planning and Environmental Management. I served an electrical apprenticeship with Irish Rail and work on railway signalling engineering.
A former Bray Town Councillor, I was elected to Wicklow County Council in 2014 and was Cathaoirleach of Bray District in 2016. I am also a member of the Wicklow Planning Strategic Policy Committee, board of the Mermaid Theatre and Bray Tidy Towns and Bray Head SAAO Management committees.
I have worked for many years on protecting our natural environment, challenging inappropriate development and improving public spaces throughout Bray
I live in Bray with my partner and two young children.