Economics, Employment & DigitalThe Green Party wants to see a new sustainable economy which protects workers and taxes all business fairly.
Transport & Urban DevelopmentThe Green Party believes in a low-emission, efficient transport system in order to make commuting easier, to tackle climate change, create healthier communities and to improve the economy
Here are just a few of our successes in our many campaigns in taking action to create a new, more sustainable green economy.
- Provided retrofit grants to over 100,000 homes, lowering household bills and reducing emissions.
- Brought in the Cycle to Work Scheme, facilitating thousands of people out of their cars.
- Introduced Ireland's first smart ticketing for public transport; over 2.5m leap cards have been sold since.
- Introduced the biggest overhaul of planning legislation in 20 years, to tackle over-zoning of development land.
- Brought in a windfall tax to discourage land hoarding and free up space for housing.
What we are working on right now
We are working on a number of campaigns to move toward a sustainable economy that provides a decent quality of life for all.
Our Waste Reduction Bill
Help us to eliminate unnecessary plastic waste from disposable cups and tableware by supporting our bill.
Housing Crisis: Cost Rental
We need a radically different approach to addressing our housing crisis. A "cost rental" model is part of the solution.
Improving Building Standards
Imagine if you put all your savings into finally buying a home and then you find out it is defective? It has a major issue that you could not have known about when buying. What would you do?