Health & DisabilityThe Green Party believes in a single-tier health system, funded by general taxation, that gives universal access based on patient need.
Here are just a few of our successes in our many campaigns to promote a just, equal, and diversified society.
- Extended maternity leave and benefit for mothers of premature babies.
- Successfully campaigned to repeal the Eighth Amendment.
- Created the process which led to the introduction of gender quotas for political parties at election time.
- Insisted on gay and lesbian partnership rights being placed in a programme for government, leading to civil partnerships, a key milestone on the march towards equal marriage.
- Passed our motion proposing the use of two centrally located public sites to create 3,000 homes for people to live in affordably.
- Introduced the first rules on junk food advertising aimed at children.
What we are working on right now
Our current housing crisis demands effective solutions to be implemented swiftly. We have brought our Cost Rental Motion and our Living Cities Bill to the Dáil as solutions. Please support our campaigns to make them legislation.
Housing Crisis: Our Living Cities Bill
In the midst of a housing and homeless crisis, our towns and cities are filled with derelict and vacant sites. The Green Party wants to bring life back into our cities and towns by bringing these dead sites back to life.
Housing Crisis: Cost Rental
We need a radically different approach to addressing our housing crisis. A "cost rental" model is part of the solution.
A Directly Elected Mayor for Dublin
Help us fight for a new executive Mayor to oversee public policy in our city.