My vision for Dún Laoghaire
For the past five years, I have been working as your Green Party County Councillor in Dún Laoghaire.
In that time, I have met so many of you in person. Most of the local improvements that I worked on started out as suggestions from you – from making it safer for children to walk and cycle to school, to banning chemical weedkiller, to changing our Council vehicles from diesel to electric.
Climate change is threatening to destroy our local environment, our quality of life and our economy. We need climate action now and it must be a just transition, so nobody is left behind.
Many of the things I now want to change are controlled by central government. You may never have thought about voting green before but now is the time. I would be honoured to represent you in Dáil Éireann and I can do it with your Number One vote.
- Change transport policy from road-building to public transport, walking and cycling.
- Make it possible for everyone to insulate their homes- including tenants and those on low incomes.
- Fix the childcare crisis of lack of places and high fees by providing state insurance for critical services.
- Fix our broken tenancy system that doesn’t work for tenants or landlords.
- Continue to be a dedicated public representative, with a record of commitment to Dún Laoghaire.