My vision for Dún LaoghaireFor the past five years, I have been working as your Green Party County Councillor in Dún Laoghaire. In that time, I have met so many of you in person. Most of the local improvements that I worked on started out as suggestions from you - from making it safer for children to walk and cycle to school, to banning chemical weedkiller, to changing our Council vehicles from diesel to electric. Climate change is threatening to destroy our local environment, our quality of life and our economy. We need climate action now and it must be a just transition, so nobody is left behind. Many of the things I now want to change are controlled by central government. You may never have thought about voting green before but now is the time. I would be honoured to represent you in Dáil Éireann and I can do it with your Number One vote.
- Change transport policy from road-building to public transport, walking and cycling.
- Make it possible for everyone to insulate their homes- including tenants and those on low incomes.
- Fix the childcare crisis of lack of places and high fees by providing state insurance for critical services.
- Fix our broken tenancy system that doesn’t work for tenants or landlords.
- Continue to be a dedicated public representative, with a record of commitment to Dún Laoghaire.
2nd July 2020
Three new Green Ministers announced
7th May 2020
Green Party announce their negotiating team for government formation talks
30th April 2020
Green Party News
11th March 2020
Green Party statement on COVID-19 Response in Ireland
1st February 2020
Over 20,000 homes could be built on public lands in Dublin City – Greens
27th January 2020
Green Party launch Water Quality and Conservation policy
24th July 2019
Councillors to meet Irish Water to discuss sewage discharge into Dublin Bay
13th June 2019
No to co-living, yes to co-housing, say Greens
9th October 2018
Harmful Budget for Tenants
25th September 2018
‘Make Way Day’ Exposes Need for New Street Strategy
13th September 2018
Land Agency proposal cannot be just another giveaway to private developers.
11th June 2018
Councillor Ossian Smyth elected Mayor of Dún Laoghaire – Rathdown
28th March 2018