My vision for Clare
I vow to work for more and better local housing, increased transport, improvements in health services and more support for Clare’s farmers.
I am determined to support business and increase sustainable jobs in Clare and to keep local communities vibrant through sustainable economic growth.
Sustainable rural development is key to the lives of the people of Clare. I want farmers and those at risk of flooding to be protected sooner rather than later.
I want to provide opportunities for young people and to give them hope in relation to their concerns about climate change.
The climate has changed, so must our politics.
- Jobs: Increase employment in Clare through investment in eco-tourism, opportunities for young people and support for local business.
- Housing: More affordable, energy efficient quality homes built in the right areas for employment and public amenity.
- Transport: Invest in bus, rail, cycle-ways, traffic management, public lighting and footpaths, improved accessibility and road safety for all of Clare.
- Health: Pressure government to increase local access to key medical services.
- Farming: Support farmers, the true custodians of biodiversity in Clare’s countryside. Now more than ever is the time for Greens and farmers to work together to protect Clare’s farming industry.