Notice on Covid-19
The Green Party is following the advice issued by the HSE on Coronavirus and has closed Head Office until further notice.
The Head Office team will be working remotely from home, and will generally have regular access to emails and phone calls.
Service will continue as far as possible.
Secretarial Assistant to Eamon Ryan TD
Eamon Ryan TD is recruiting a Secretarial Assistant to join his team in Dublin Bay South. The main function of the Secretarial Assistant is to attend to constituency queries and local political matters in support of the Parliamentary Aide and other team members, and to ensure that regular communications to constituents are conducted professionally and in a timely manner.
- Assist the Parliamentary Aide and the Constituency Office team to deliver quick and appropriate responses to constituency queries.
- Reply to phone calls on the constituency phone as needed.
- Work with Green Party councillors in Dublin Bay South to ensure comprehensive and consistent replies to queries and an efficient flow of information.
- Work with the Parliamentary Aide in providing content for constituency newsletters, both print and e-newsletters.
- Research on local and national issues as required.
- Ensuring the Minister’s website are updated regularly.
- Assisting in issuing locally focused press releases and attending to other local media matters as required.
- Working with the Parliamentary Aide to ensure that the work the Minister undertakes in his Department is converted into clear communications that can be used by the Constituency office, by other members of the Parliamentary Party and by local Councillors.
- Identifying important local political issues and working on developing responses in coordination with the Minister and his team.
- Liaising with the wider Green Party team and members as required.
- Diary management.
- Stakeholder engagement events.
- Ad hoc duties as required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A third level qualification in a related field
- 2- 3 years’ work experience in an administrative, public affairs, communications role.
- Strong administration skills including MS Office, emails, database management.
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong personal time management and organisational skills and proven ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic working environment.
- Experience working in a public-facing role and helping members of the public.
- Accuracy and attention to detail and ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a close-knit team.
- Some experience in editing, digital content creation and website management.
- Knowledge of the Dublin Bay South constituency and its core local issues.
- Demonstrable interest in environment, climate action, public policy and politics, and a Green Party supporter.
The full job description is available here. Please send a CV and a brief cover letter to both email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title Secretarial Assistant in the email subject line. The deadline is 5pm on Monday 20th of September 2021.
Green Party internship programmes
Green Party HQ is committed to providing a range of opportunities for paid student work experience and internships. HQ is piloting three new programmes throughout 2021 – one day, five days, and summer placements – for a limited number of students. Applications for summer internships for 2021 are now closed.
Green Party internships are designed to widen participation in politics as one of our core Party objectives. The Party is committed to positive action and creating opportunities for students who may not have had the opportunity to engage in the political process previously due to any number of systemic barriers. Students will be selected through purposeful partnerships with third level institutions and organisations committed to positive action and access.
Green Party HQ supports the European Quality Charter on Internships and Apprenticeships. A stipend will be provided at the end of all successful internships in recognition of the work contribution made by participants. Vouched travel, subsistence, and/or work-related expenses such as mobile phone and/or broadband top-ups will be reimbursed.
The Green Party is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We promote gender balance, diversity, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and to promoting active political participation of persons with disabilities and of disadvantaged groups. Preference will be given to applicants from disadvantaged groups.
Educational institutions and community organisations interested in partnering with the Party in the future are encouraged to email an expression of interest to email@example.com. Students interested in applying for work experience and/or internships should inquire through their educational institutions.