Notice on Covid-19
The Green Party is following the advice issued by the HSE on Coronavirus and has closed Head Office until further notice.
The Head Office team will be working remotely from home, and will generally have regular access to emails and phone calls.
Service will continue as far as possible.
Minister for Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media Catherine Martin T.D, is seeking a Secretarial Assistant to join her Constituency Office team. The main function of this role is to manage correspondence, attend to local political matters in support of the Parliamentary Assistant and to ensure communications to constituents are conducted professionally and in a timely manner.
- Manage all incoming and outgoing correspondence including constituency phone calls.
- Assist the Parliamentary Assistant and other staff in the Minister’s Constituency Office to deliver quick and appropriate responses to constituency queries.
- Work with Green Party Head Office, Dublin Rathdown Councillors and elected reps to ensure quick delivery of announcements and replies to queries.
- Work with Dublin Rathdown Green Party Councillors to ensure efficient flow of communication.
- Work with the Parliamentary Assistant and other staff to provide support for constituency newsletters, consultations, local events and meetings.
The foregoing is not an exhaustive list of duties and the Secretarial Assistant will be required to demonstrate flexibility and adaptability where possible to undertake other duties as may reasonably be assigned to them.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 1 year experience in an administrative, public affairs or communications role
- Strong administration skills including MS Office, Outlook, and database management
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- A demonstrable interest and understanding of the Irish political landscape and current affairs
- Strong personal time management and organisational skills and proven ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic working environment
- Accuracy and attention to detail and ability to work effectively and collaboratively as part of a close-knit team
- Knowledge of the Dublin Rathdown constituency and its core local issues
- Proficiency in written and spoken Irish is an advantage
This is a fixed-term (33rd Dáil term) contract of employment. The payscale for this position is subject to the Houses of the Oireachtas Scheme for Secretarial Assistants. Overtime is available.
Please submit your CV (maximum two pages) and cover letter (maximum two pages) to email@example.com by 5pm on Friday 7th May.
Green Party HQ is committed to providing a range of opportunities for paid student work experience and internships. HQ is piloting three new programmes throughout 2021 – one day, five days, and summer placements – for a limited number of students.
Green Party internships are designed to widen participation in politics as one of our core Party objectives. The Party is committed to positive action and creating opportunities for students who may not have had the opportunity to engage in the political process previously due to any number of systemic barriers. Students will be selected through purposeful partnerships with third level institutions and organisations committed to positive action and access.
Green Party HQ supports the European Quality Charter on Internships and Apprenticeships. A stipend will be provided at the end of all successful internships in recognition of the work contribution made by participants. Vouched travel, subsistence, and/or work-related expenses such as mobile phone and/or broadband top-ups will be reimbursed.
The Green Party is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We promote gender balance, diversity, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment and to promoting active political participation of persons with disabilities and of disadvantaged groups. Preference will be given to applicants from disadvantaged groups.
Educational institutions and community organisations interested in partnering with the Party in the future are encouraged to email an expression of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Students interested in applying for work experience and/or internships should inquire through their educational institutions.