Multimedia Design Assistant
Working as part of the Green Party Communications Team, the role provides support to the party in the production of high-quality print and digital design content in the build-up to the General Election. The role may also involve assistance with press and media work, and internal communications.
Responsible to: Communications Manager
• To assist in the delivery of high-spec design work to meet the needs of the communications team and the Green Party over the election period.
• To assist in the creation and delivery of content for online channels.
• To support the party in the delivery of its communications strategy.
• To support the communications teams in other areas, where needed, during the campaign – including, but not limited to, press and media work, and event management.
Key skills and attributes
• Ability to create print literature from concept to delivery.
• Experience in creating and designing high-quality digital communications content.
• Experience with digital photography and photo manipulation.
• Digital video experience is desirable.
• Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite – including Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, After Effects, Premiere (or Final Cut Pro).
Skills and Attributes
• Excellent communications skills, written and verbal, particularly when creating content for communicating with the public.
• An ability to work well with many stakeholders in a diverse organisation.
• A familiarity with Irish politics or a desire to get involved in a body immersed in a political environment.
• An interest in the fundamental principles of the Green Party.
Additional Desirable Skills
• Knowledge/Experience of online advertising platforms e.g. adwords, gdn, facebook for business.
• HTML/CSS knowledge
• Knowledge/Experience of SEO, Google Analytics and other social media data analysis.
• Web development skills.
We are looking for a strong, creative visual and verbal communicator for this role. If you have strengths in any of the areas outlined above, please get in touch! This is a temporary, paid position. Please call Carolyn on (01) 636 9285 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
From time to time, the Green Party will facilitate internships in our Head Office, or in Leinster House.
The Green Party follows three principles when it comes to interns:
- Interns should be compensated for their work. This means that when we take on an intern, they either must be benefiting in terms of gaining an academic credit for their time here, or they go onto our payroll as a temporary employee.
- Interns should gain a rounded experience of the work of the Green Party, its staff and its representatives. Intern work can sometimes involve more basic office tasks, but it shouldn’t always be this way. We will try to provide interns with a varied experience – including time in Leinster House, time with Councillors or time with Members/Volunteers.
- When and internship is finished, interns should be able to point to something to say ‘I did that’ or ‘I contributed to this’. We prefer interns to have something meaningful to put on their CV.
Current Internship Vacancies
We have no open internship spaces at present.